* Sectional next week, 2/9/2023 at 5:45pm at the church. Please come to as much of it as you can.
* Sponsorships are due April 1.
* If you have any recipes to add to the Choralaires cookbook, please send me to Kathaleen Rice at at email@example.com
* Remember not to sing too loud. If you can't hear the person next to you, you're singing too loud.
* For next week, practice Hey Ho Fiddle, Friendship, and Anyway, in addition to the rest we've practiced already.
A PLACE IN THE CHOIR
p4 box E, p8 box J, and p11 box N sop 2 have the melody
p6 box G top line sop 1, middle line sop 2, bottom line alto
p2 m3, p3 m12, p5 m25, p8 m44, p10 m60 notes on "higher"
pay attention to the rests, especially 8th rests
sing with attitude
very little s on "shoes" (make it strong, weak)
p3 m6 don't slide on "boy to"
p3 m9 no "and" on "uh-huh, uh-huh"
p5 m20 timing on the move (go down on "oes", not "sh")
p5 m24, 25, p9 m55, 57 notes (it's higher than we think)
p11 m72 pitch on "boogie"
rests p5 m19 pitch on "grain" (higher that we think, we want to sing the A with the altos) p7 m31 very little ss on the end of "sturdiness" p8 m36 notes on "sing", especially the D p8-9 m38, 42, 45 "ARE strong" and "ARE full" (not were) p11 m59 notes (clashes with sop 1)
p13 re-write ... sop2 and altos sing "one day I will be as they" ("one" comes in on count 3 and "I will" are both half notes); sop 1 sing come in on count 2 and sing ("my grandmothers were full of memories")
GRANDPA (TELL ME 'BOUT THE GOOD OLD DAYS)
p3 m19 "hazy" not "easy"
p3 m22, p4 m26, p4 m30 no breath "stay and", "kept not", "pay did"
p4 m25 be prepared for the page turn (might help to write the next note on top of 5 (G) on the end of page 4)
p4 m26-27 notes
p5-6 m36-42 oo in 3 parts between verse 1 and 2
COVER ME IN SUNSHINE
p4 m26 and p8 m64 check the notes
p5 m30 "the" not "this"
p7 m51 move on "been" not "missing"
LIKE A RIVER IN MY SOUL
be solid on the notes
no loud singing
gentle, flowing sound
Kristen BarneySop 2 Section Leader Idaho Falls Choralaires 208-313-4017