· sing with a rounder tone,
· observe rests and only breathe where indicated (or stagger breathing),
· try to start singing without sheet music and test your memorization,
· I’m happy to share recordings from practice if you request them,
· let Janet know if you’re going to be late or missing from a Thursday practice.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
· March 9 at 6:00 PM is solo tryouts.
· March 16 at 6:00 PM in the Relief Society Room is an Alto Sectional.
· By this Thursday, March 9, we need to memorize A Place in the Choir, Harriet Tubman, and You Will Be Found.
· By the following Thursday, March 16, we need to learn Lineage, Grandpa, Boogie Shoes, and Anyway
You're doing so great. Let me know if you need questions answered, help with a part at sectional, or a recording sent to you!
Love you all to pieces!
These songs are coming along so beautifully, and I get thrilled when I hear us sing with the accompaniment! Keep practicing every single day!
BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
Take deep breaths
32: no breath
51: rounder “ah”s
56-67: we sing the melody. Make sure you’re not singing too low.
60: no breath between “come” and “to”
73, 77, 80, 83: “mind” needs to be round, not wide
NEVER ONE THING
5: no break between “belly” and “I”
33: observe rest after “broken”
115-116, 122: unison, do not harmonize
121: watch the notes
SINGIN’ THE ‘70s
10-13, 16-17: keep practicing the “hoo oo oo”s. We are going to get the timing right one of these days!
67: cut that note off quickly
71, 75: “baby” sing ending with “eh” or “ih” instead of “ee” sound
74: watch that rest
103: the last note of the song is a C, which is different from all the other times we sing “nough” on a D
YOU WILL BE FOUND
14-15: watch Lisa for the timing
27: we need to be right on pitch. If you can’t sing that high, please mouth the words
31: don’t slide up to the B flat for “stream”
57-59: unison. Especially watch the A flat (“a”-cross the silence) in measure 57
68-69: stay on G on “you”
73: “if you only” watch timing
76, 78: Big Breath at the end of measure 76 because there’s no breath before coming into measure 79
87-94: “You are not alone” don’t say a hard T sound. More like “you are nada lone”
95: whisper voice
102: “You will be found” we are higher than the second sopranos
103, 105: come in on time
A PLACE IN THE CHOIR
This is such a fun song. Learn the lyrics. Watch Lisa for timing and dynamics.
30: “hoo”s need to sound more hollow and we need to know our note